After practicing lacerations and mangled thumbs in class, i decided to have a practice myself at home and created my own laceration on the hand. I created the laceration using Grimas Derma Wax, Glynn Mckay Bruise Gels (dark red) and Fake blood. Below are some pictures of the laceration i created as well as the method to recreate it.
- Roll Derma Wax in to a large worm shape and place on the skin
- Blend both ends and the sides on to the skin ( TIP: You can use cleanser to help blend the edges)
- Using a tooth pick or a plastic scalpel cut down the centre of the wax
- Paint onto the wound by using GM dark red bruise gel
- Finally add a small amount of fake blood
Thanks for reading