In our second year of media make up we are being taught postiche. Postiche is a term used to describes hand knotted false hair. In our first postiche lesson we learnt how to make a pattern for facial hair as well as learn how to knot hair onto netting. Below are the methods for both pattern making and knotting as well as pictures of what i did.
- Cling Film
- Permanent Marker
- Sticky Tape
- Using cling film place a piece over the jaw making sure it goes under the nose and chin and also making sure it goes ear to ear.
- Once you have the cling film is in the right place get the model to hold it in place and apply sticky tape to mold the cling film into place so the when it is taken of it is the shape of the models jaw.
- After applying the sticky tape, take a permanent marker and mark out where the nostrils are ( to give an indicator where to facial patter will line up) as well as marking out the outline of the lips.
- With sticky tape cover the marker to protect it from rubbing off.
- Take the cling film face mold of the face and cut off any excess cling film that is not covered by sticky tape.
- Draw on the shape of the mustache you want and cut it out
- Once the shape of the mustache is cut out you are the ready to make your mustache.
- Wooden Board
- Black Card
- Sticky Tape
- Small Pins
- Small Hammer
- Pin a piece of lace/netting to a block, to ensure it is stable pin every half centimeter
- Hold hook in your dominate hand, like a pencil
- Fold about 10 hairs over at the root end, fold over around 4 cm and hold tightly
- Slide hook under 1 bar of lace/netting
- Hook the hair over the hook to catch a couple of hairs
- After catching pull the hook back under the bar bringing the hair with it keeping a good tension.
- Slide the loop of hair to the corner or curve of the hook and slide the hook forward.
- Pull the hook with the hair back towards you hand, wrap the hair in your hand over the top of the needle.
- Turn the hook away form you
- Pull the hair that you just wrapped,through the loop you first made
- Pull hair part way, tighten the knot with your left hand and pull the rest of the hair through with your right.
Thanks for Reading