Work Experience – Photoshoot

Today I did a photo shoot,for on a student in her final year at Bradford University. At the shoot there was  two model I had to do make-up and then a hair stylist that did the hair.  The look was a variation on the 1940’s hair and make-up with each model wearing  a red lip. On on model I did a purple smokey eye and on the other I did a gold and green smokey eye.  I really joyed working on this photo shoot and got the opportunity to work with some really nice people.

 

I am waiting for the final pictures to be emailed  to me, so i will post them once i get them.

 

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

Advertisements

Work Experience – Photo Shoot

Back in November I was contacted by a model looking for a make-up artist to do her hair and make-up for a shoot for her portfolio. She wanted big sexy hair and glowing skin with a natural eyes. This was my first experience working on a photo shoot, I really enjoy the experience and it is something I would really like to do again. The studios we used for the shoot were RM- Studios in Bradford. Below are some of the final pictures from the shoot.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

Work Experience – We Heart Leeds Fashion Show

Back in November , myself and a few of my class mates where asked to help out and do the make-up at a fashion show in Leeds. The fashion show was in aid of helping raise money for The Children’s Heart Surgery Fund. The make-up we had to apply to models was a dark blue/navy smokey eye with a red lip. Over all the night was very fun, and having never worked on a fashion sow before, I found  that I really enjoyed it. The only problem we had on the night was the lighting, while doing the make, as the venue was in a bar, we only had a few spot lights to work with. However, we were able to work with the lighting and all of the make-up turned well. Below are some pictures from the night.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

70s Disco Frogs

For my second work experience myself and others in the class were asked to create make-up for 70s style frogs that were going to be in one of our colleges stage productions. My friend Katy (link to her blog here) designed a stencil which could be used on the arms of the frogs. To create the frog look we used green snazaroo face paints of the main colour and then a mixture of black and green for the marks on the arms. Overall I feel that the frogs make-up went well, however we did get rushed towards the end but we did manage to get all of the frogs done. See below for a picture of one of the finished frogs.

Picture 347

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

Yorkshire Scare Grounds

Back in October, i had my first work experience at the Yorkshire Scare Grounds ( here are the links to their Website, Twitter and Facebook). My class mates and I got an opportunity to go down to the scare ground in Wakefield and help out with doing the make up for the zombies that would be taking part in the scare grounds scenario of a Zombie Apocalypse. To create the zombies we used Kryolan Grease Paints, Glynn McKays bruise gels, Glynn McKays Wound Filler,Glynn McKays Congealed Blood, Fake Blood and Latex. Below are a few pictures of  the zombies me and my lovely friend Bex created .

This slideshow requires JavaScript.



Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo