Creative Hair Final Assessment – Siren

For my final task for postiche was design creative hair for a character that would be in a theater production. For my character  I decided to create a siren. After doing some in depth research i found that Sirens are not actually mermaids but are half birds half women. From this research I decided to create a hair piece  I a style of a birds nest. Within the birds nest I incorporated various feathers to represent a bird, rope to  represent  ropes that are on the boats of the sailors they  lure to their deaths,with twigs that represent what birds use to build nests. For my make up I wanted to contour the face and let the rest of the do the talking. I wanted use black on the eyes and lips as Sirens are deadly and evil creatures. Overall I am extremely happy with the way the final look has turned out, a huge thank you to my sister for being my model and to Camilla Felgate for being an amazing photographer. Below are my two final shots.

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

 

Advertisements

1960’s Theater Make-up

For one of my assessments for semester two, i had to do a theater make-up for an era. As i really like the sixties make-up i decide to do my make-up based around that. I decided to go for the most icon sixties make-up with a black cut crease on the eyes which was inspire by Twiggy. I decided to you my lovely uni friend Emma for this as she had the perfect eye shape for this look. Overall i am very pleased with the final make-up look as i am not very fond of theater make-up and find it difficult to get the right amount of product for on to the face to make the contouring strong enough. Although this time i do feel that the contouring and highlighting has improved. Also i am happy with the way eyes turned out although with help from my tutor we did apply a bolder white to the eye to make it stand out form a distant, along with this i could have also added black eyeliner to complete the eyes. Below are some pictures of the final look which i also did a bouffant style hair using hot rollers to go with it as well as adding a ribbon to the hair to really pull the look together.

DSCF0663

DSCF0664

DSCF0665

DSCF0666Thanks for Reading

Hannah xoxo

 

 

70s Disco Frogs

For my second work experience myself and others in the class were asked to create make-up for 70s style frogs that were going to be in one of our colleges stage productions. My friend Katy (link to her blog here) designed a stencil which could be used on the arms of the frogs. To create the frog look we used green snazaroo face paints of the main colour and then a mixture of black and green for the marks on the arms. Overall I feel that the frogs make-up went well, however we did get rushed towards the end but we did manage to get all of the frogs done. See below for a picture of one of the finished frogs.

Picture 347

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo

Theater Make-up

As part of our semester 1 learning we had learn and recreate large theater make-up . When  applying theater make-up it is important to keep in mind that the make-up is being used to define the face so that the actors expressions can be “read” easily by the audience as they are most likely to be siting at a distance from the stage, meaning that the make-up can look a bit over the top and comical up close. Also another key factor to keep in mind is that theater make-up is used to alter the persons character and to also reflect the part they are playing. Below are a few photos from my theater make-up final assessment. I will hold my hands up and fully admit that i’m not a huge fan of theater make-up and can honestly say that i struggled when it came to the make up. When I first attempted the make-up I was completely fine with doing the eyes and lips but struggled using creme products to contour and highlight and felt that my fist attempt wasn’t that good so i made the decision to re-do the make again (shown in the pictures below). Having re-done the theater make-up again I was much happier with the result although I think I could have done with going a little darker with the contouring.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Products Used

Face:

  • Illamasqua Matte Primer -Buffed into the Skin
  • Max Factor Pan Stick Cool Copper – Buffed into the skin
  • Kryolan Grease Paints Dark Brown – Applied as contour under cheek bone, jawline, temples, fore head and either side of the nose and buffed out slightly
  • Kryolan Grease Paint Light Flesh colour – Applied as highlight to tops of cheek bones, centre of fore head and bridge of the nose
  • Illamasqua loose powder- Pressed onto skin using powder puff

Eyes:

  • Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer Potion – Applied to eyelid up to brow
  • MAC Eye Shadows –
    • Orb- all over eye lid,
    • Era and Concrete blend together in the crease in a ‘c’ shape
    • Concrete through  the eyebrows to define
  • Collection 2000 Longer Lash Mascara -Applied to both top and bottom lashes
  • False Eyelashes applied to the top lashes

Lips:

  • MAC Lip liner Cherry – Follow the natural lip line
  • MAC Lipstick Rubywoo – Applied with lip brush

Thanks for reading

Hannah xoxo